Friday, January 30, 2015

My Heart As A Taylor Swift Song

If my heart was a Taylor Swift mash-up song it would go something like this:

And all I've seen
since 18 hours ago
is green eyes and freckles and your smile in the back of my mind making me feel right
I just want to know you better know

We are alone with our changing minds, 
We fall in love till it hurts or bleeds, or fades in time
And I never saw you coming, 
And I'll never be the same

Loving him is like trying to change your mind, 
Once you're already flying through the free fall
Like the colors in autumn, 
So bright just before they lose it all

I guess you didn't care and I guess I liked that, 
And when I fell hard, you took a step back, 
Without me
And I might be okay, but I'm not fine at all

I bet this time of night you're still up
I bet you're tired from a long hard week
I bet you're sitting in your chair by the window looking out at the city
And I hope sometimes you wonder about me

And I just wanna tell you it takes everything in me not to call you
And I wish I could run to you and I hope you know that
Every time I don't I Almost Do

In my dreams you're touching my face
And asking me if I wanna try again with you
And I Almost Do
And right before your eyes
I'm breaking
No past, no reasons why

All lyrics taken from the Taylor Swift "Red" album

No comments: