Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Questions

What would you do if you could wake up tomorrow and do anything you wanted to do?

This question was purposes to us tonight at our meeting of Charlotte One. If you didn't have to pay bills or impress people. If you didn't care what anyone else thought. If you had no insecurity holding you back. What are your dreams? What would you love to do? Can you answer that question?

I admit, tonight as the question was asked, I don't immediately have an answer. I love my job very much, but is it my life's passion? I don't know. I'm not even sure what my dreams are or if I've ever had the courage to dream a dream. It's something I will have to marinate on for a while.

Part of my reason for wanting to work towards my debt free goal is so that I have the freedom to do anything and to go anywhere. Sometimes I think about moving to another country to be a missionary, but that also terrifies me too. It so...unknown. Where would I go and what would I do there? Would I fit in? Do I want to fit in? Maybe I'd fit in better there than I do here?

Tonight, on a small scale, my dream would be to be able to communicate in a normal fashion in a group setting without being intimidated. That would be nice. I am always getting in my own way of getting to know people. I'm a great listener but I'm not so good at talking. I haven't figured out why this is. Someday maybe I can speak the words that are so much easier to write.

This post is slowly losing focus, but hey when it's you blog you can post anything that's on your mind!

To night I have a lot of questions and no answers. I'm also a bit annoyed at myself. I will have to work on the answers.

-The Real Me

1 comment:

Dani In NC said...

You aren't the only one that doesn't have an immediate answer. If I didn't have any bills to pay, I would do the things I do for leisure, but that isn't what people usually want to hear. They want to know what your secret ambition is, like being a missionary or a dancer or something. Unfortunately, I have never had much ambition. I am getting a degree in information technology because I like computers and if I have to get a job I would like to do something in the field. However, if I didn't have to work, I honestly wouldn't. I would like to enjoy the things on this earth that other people created, and possibly introduce my friends to these things. Perhaps I am missing the "life's work" gene or something :-).